Bucaneer Press

Brazoswood Makes Large Donation to Help Santa Fe

Brazoswood+administartion+presents+the+check+for+the+donation+of+funds+raised+by+selling+%22Santa+Fe+Strong%22+shirts.+
Brazoswood administartion presents the check for the donation of funds raised by selling

Brazoswood administartion presents the check for the donation of funds raised by selling "Santa Fe Strong" shirts.

Ayshia Rodriguez, Staff Writer

Santa Fe’s horrific tragedy that occurred at the end of last school year motivated Brazoswood students and staff to raise almost $3000 dollars by creating and selling shirts two days before the football game against Santa Fe on September 14th, giving us an chance to hand the check over by our administrators to Santa Fe.

It seems like there are always spirit shirts being sold around campus but this shirt was quite possibly the largest quantity order ever before.

“I thought maybe $200 dollars worth would be sold,  like normal, was going to be it, but almost $3000 dollars worth in 2 days blew my mind completely,” Isla Freudensprung said.

The idea to sell these shirts wasn’t one that had been planned months in advance like a lot of other fund raiers. This one was more of an accidental decision.

“It was actually an accident, I didn’t want to drive around to find a green shirt. I texted my friend who works for Park Place to see if she could make shirts and the idea grew from there,” Freudensprung said. “Everything with the shirts only took 1 day to make up and the next day were ready to sell.”.

Even thought the idea came together quickly, the community still helped raise the money.

“It was nice being to give back to another school who went through such a horrific tragedy. Our community came together and made the unthinkable happen,” Freudensprung said. 

Something as simple as a t-shirt could mean so much to someone.

“I liked it because it showed our support to Santa Fe by saying “Bwood stands with Santa Fe,” Briena Garza said.