Bucaneer Press

Pep Rallies to be Held Every Home Game

Katelynn Whistler

Katelynn Whistler

Alivia Ragsdale, Staff Writer

Pep Rallies are one of the most anticipated events of the year. Going to a pep rally is more than just getting out of class, it’s about supporting the school and having fun showing pride.

“Everyone gets so crazy and carefree and we just have fun,” Maddie Collins said.

The Color Guard is always on of the most active when it comes to dancing and just having a great time. From the unified look to the excitement of their faces, the group of teenagers are always the first ones to get a dance going with the band.

“My fist pep rally was weird because I’m not used to dancing in front of other people, but after a few minutes I didn’t care anymore and I was dancing my butt off,” Joseph Nieves said.

Many people have different favorites when they talk about pep rallies. Some people love the band, others the Belles or the cheerleaders, but they all say that they love the pep rallies.

“My favorite part of the pep rallies is how they signify the school’s anticipation for the football game that evening,” Cody Castor said.

It’s been said before that the students can get quite nervous speaking in front of thousands of their peers, but not Rita Pintavalle!

“Speaking in front of crowds does not bother me, especially when it is something that I am so passionate about, like school pride and students – I truly enjoy being a principal and love making things fun when we are in a setting like a pep rally,” Rita Pintavalle said.

The pep rallies always have something for everyone that graces the doors of the school. They are an event that brings the school closer in spirit, even if only for a little while-maybe when we need it most.