Bucaneer Press

GoMoxie

Vance Joy - Revention Music CEnter May 2nd

GoMoxie

GoMoxie

Vance Joy - Revention Music CEnter May 2nd

Destiny Rodriguez

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.

Email This Story

James Gabriel Keogh knows as Vance Joy, Nation Of Two World Tour will see the acclaimed Australian singer/songwriter take on some of his biggest stages yet including Revention Music Center in Houston on May 2nd.

Vance signed a five-album deal with Atlantic Records in 2013. “ I would say that I am an acoustic singer-songwriter with pop influences” he said.

“Call If You Need Me,” the fifth and final track unveiled before the Nation Of Two album release (Feb 23), is the hauntingly beautiful album opener featuring Vance Joy’s trademark visual lyrics, painting pictures of fluorescent lights and conversations through foggy shower glass. The accompanying visual, which features Vance Joy delivering an emotional performance in a beautiful, stripped-back setting, was filmed by frequent collaborator Mimi Cave, who also directed videos for the album’s first single “Lay It On Me” and the recently released “We’re Going Home.”

With still two weeks until the release of Nation of Two, the album has already amassed over 90 million global streams, accounted for by the four tracks Vance Joy has unveiled throughout the past few months. The Nation Of Two campaign launched with massive alternative hit single, “Lay It On Me,” and was followed by releases of “Like Gold,” “We’re Going Home,” and “Saturday Sun,” the latter of which will mark the album’s second U.S. single. A promising fan-favorite, the bright and uplifting “Saturday Sun” was streamed over one million times in its first five days of release, and is currently impacting alternative radio stations nationwide.

Vance Joy – who is currently featured on the cover of Rolling Stone Australia – will celebrate his Nation Of Two album release week with a run of high-profile national TV performances, beginning with CBS’ The Late Late Show with James Corden on Tuesday, February 27th followed by NBC’s Today on Friday, March 2nd. The March 6th episode of NBC’s Last Call with Carson Daly will feature two previously filmed live performances by Vance Joy from Los Angeles’ Fonda Theatre.

Nation of Two is the follow up to Vance Joy’s critically-acclaimed breakthrough debut album Dream Your Life Away, which recently surpassed one million in consumption in the U.S. alone. The album spawned the 4x Platinum blockbuster hit, “Riptide” and RIAA Platinum certified “Mess Is Mine.” Dream Your Life Away also featured “fire and the flood” and “Georgia,” which are both now certified Gold. Based on the success of these songs.

Vance Joy was the #1 Most Played artist at Alternative radio in 2015.

Comment here to win 2 FREE TICKETS to this show!

Contest Rules:

To enter contest, visit our website at www.BuccaneerPress.org. Find the story for the performance you would most like to see live. Under the story, comment with why you would like to see the show. That’s it! You’re entered! Make sure you follow @silver_sabre on Twitter for more info and see the winners announced on April 30th.

• All entries must be current Brazoswood High School students.
  • TO ENTER, comment on the story for the performance you want to see stating why you want to see that show. ( THIS STORY!!)

• Any inappropriate comments will be deleted and entry voided
  • Students can enter only one time per concert
  • Students without Twitter access can still comment on stories via the www.BuccaneerPress.org website for entries
  • Commenting/Entries will end at midnight on Friday April 27th.
  • Students should follow @silver_sabre on Twitter for contest details and winner announcement
  • Silver Sabre staff members are not eligible to enter the contest
  • Winner(s) will be announced via Twitter and school announcements on Monday April 30th
  • Silver Sabre staff not responsible for venue rules. Winners should check before attending.
  • Some venues will  require parent attendance for anyone under the age of 15.
  • Tickets can be picked up from Mrs Siegel in room 261F with proper photo ID
  • Tickets provided for contest to Silver Sabre staff by GoMoxie.org (@GoMoxieMusic) as a promotion for the individual artists and festival
  • Brazoswood High School and Brazosport ISD do not promote or otherwise endorse the artists involved in the contest.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.

Email This Story

14 Comments

14 Responses to “Vance Joy Comes to Houston May 2nd”

1. Savannah Hillis on April 21st, 2018 1:35 pm

I want To win the tickets because i really Like Vance Joy and have always wanted to see him. The album nation of two has really been helpful getting my mind off of stressful things going on in my life and i would Love to be able to go see him in concert!!

2. Amber Gomez on April 21st, 2018 5:37 pm

I would really like the opportunity to go because I would like to take my friend The friend and I have always wanted to go to a concert together but we’ve never really had a chance. I’ve been trying to find a concert that we both like ; like this one. Also it gives me something to do with this friend because I might move,won’t know until May. So it gives me a chance to have one last chance to have fun!

3. Kevin Kristof on April 22nd, 2018 6:50 pm

I would really like to see Vance Joy because he is a inspiring artist and I would love to see him live. I have been there since his first single and it would just be awesome!

4. Carly Rotramel on April 24th, 2018 11:12 am

Going to a Vance Joy concert would literally make me so happy. I love Vance Joy and his music so much, and I listen to him to put me in a better mood. I haven’t been to many concerts in my life, and a Vance Joy concert would definitely be the best concert I’ve ever been to.

5. Gerardo Martin on April 25th, 2018 9:54 am

Vance Joy seems like a swell guy. I would like to see his concert.

6. Nathan Finley on April 25th, 2018 9:55 am

This bois got some gud hair. Mad respec.

7. Lela Siegel on April 30th, 2018 8:08 am

CONGRATS Nathan, you were drawn as our winner this morning!

8. Rachel Pearson on April 25th, 2018 10:19 am

I want to win because i am basic and live for ripride

9. Simone Morris on April 25th, 2018 10:21 am

I want to go see Vance Joy because I want to take my friend to their first concert.

10. Jordan Kidd on April 25th, 2018 10:24 am

Vance Joy would be so much fun!!!

11. Baily Jackson on April 25th, 2018 10:26 am

I want to go because it would be really cool.

12. Liz Clavell on April 25th, 2018 10:28 am

I want to go to Vance Joy because I’m a riptide stan

13. Jeffrey Sims on April 26th, 2018 12:33 am

That boi sure can diddle a fiddle

14. Malerie Cantu on April 27th, 2018 9:53 pm

I want to see Vance because I’ve always loved his music and anytime I listen to him it makes me so happy and puts me in a better mood. I’m always excited to listen to new songs he’s created or even find old songs and fall in love with those. My best friend and I become friends by talking about him and other artists we share I would really love to take her to see him

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Navigate Left

JMBLYA Music Festival Comes to Houston May 6th

• Vance Joy Comes to Houston May 2nd

Entertainment

Win Tickets to an Upcoming Houston Concert

• Vance Joy Comes to Houston May 2nd

Entertainment

Lauv Releases Single “I Like Me Better”

• Vance Joy Comes to Houston May 2nd