Bucaneer Press

JMBLYA Music Festival Comes to Houston May 6th

Stay tuned for information on how to WIN tickets from your Silver Sabre staff

Stay tuned for information on how to WIN tickets from your Silver Sabre staff

Silver Sabre Graphic - JMBLYA

Stay tuned for information on how to WIN tickets from your Silver Sabre staff

Jewel Rodriguez

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.

Email This Story

JMBLYA is a highly curated selection of performers that blends together some of today’s biggest national acts with exciting up-and- comers. The 2018 lineup consist of J.Cole, Migos, Cardi B, Kevin Gates with special guests Playboi Carti, Trippie Red, Ski Mask The Slump God, Cozz, Killy, Jack Harlow, Bun B, Trae tha Truth, and DJ Mr.Rogers.

All tickets are general admission however there are different VIP passes. The upgrade options this year will provide the pass holder with expedited festival entry through an exclusive VIP-only entrance, a premium VIP viewing area, and access to the VIP-only bar and air-conditioned bathrooms and for some VIP ticket holders,  complimentary official festival merch. Those festival attendees who instead opt to purchase the highest level of VIP will have access to all of these previously listed on-site comforts as well as the chance to view performances from a private elevated viewing deck and will receive an official hoodie.

In a continued effort to improve the overall experience for attendees, several notable changes are set to take place at all of the 2018 events, which include but are not limited to the following:

• Expanded water filling stations with an unlimited amount of FREE water through a new partnership with Event Water Solutions
  • Doubling the number of food vendors overall in GA, as well as adding more food options in VIP
  • More shade structures to stay cool and avoid the sun

If you would like a chance to win two (2) tickets to JMBLYA from your Silver Sabre news staff, keep checking our Twitter and this website for information on the contest that will start in Mid April.

Comment here to win 2 FREE TICKETS to this show!

Contest Rules:

To enter contest, visit our website at www.BuccaneerPress.org. Find the story for the performance you would most like to see live. Under the story, comment with why you would like to see the show. That’s it! You’re entered! Make sure you follow @silver_sabre on Twitter for more info and see the winners announced on April 30th.

• All entries must be current Brazoswood High School students.
  • TO ENTER, comment on the story for the performance you want to see stating why you want to see that show. ( THIS STORY!!)

• Any inappropriate comments will be deleted and entry voided
  • Students can enter only one time per concert
  • Students without Twitter access can still comment on stories via the www.BuccaneerPress.org website for entries
  • Commenting/Entries will end at midnight on Friday April 27th.
  • Students should follow @silver_sabre on Twitter for contest details and winner announcement
  • Silver Sabre staff members are not eligible to enter the contest
  • Winner(s) will be announced via Twitter and school announcements on Monday April 30th
  • Silver Sabre staff not responsible for venue rules. Winners should check before attending.
  • Some venues will  require parent attendance for anyone under the age of 15.
  • Tickets can be picked up from Mrs Siegel in room 261F with proper photo ID
  • Tickets provided for contest to Silver Sabre staff by GoMoxie.org (@GoMoxieMusic) as a promotion for the individual artists and festival
  • Brazoswood High School and Brazosport ISD do not promote or otherwise endorse the artists involved in the contest.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.

Email This Story

17 Comments

17 Responses to “JMBLYA Music Festival Comes to Houston May 6th”

1. Ulysess Gutierrez on April 20th, 2018 9:12 pm

i would really like to see this performance because i like the artists.

2. Nash Nefd on April 21st, 2018 4:11 pm

I want to go to JMBYLA because J.Cole’s music has really been a huge part of my life, and has helped me through a lot of tough times. Going to the concert would mean the world to me!

3. Amber Gomez on April 21st, 2018 5:43 pm

This is another concert I would like to take my friend because we love the various artists that are going to preform.

4. Kevin Kristof on April 22nd, 2018 6:48 pm

I would love to go to JMBYLA Music Festival because My friend and I love the artists playing and music has been there for us when nothing else has.

5. Lela Siegel on April 30th, 2018 8:09 am

CONGRATS Kevin, you were drawn as our winner this morning!

6. Walker kershaw on April 25th, 2018 9:24 am

I would love to go to this concert because it is my favorite genre of music!

7. Gerardo Martin on April 25th, 2018 10:02 am

I’ve listened to J. Cole for a while and I like his music

8. Rachel Pearson on April 25th, 2018 10:21 am

For the clout;0

9. Baily Jackson on April 25th, 2018 10:24 am

Because it think it would be really cool to go.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10. Jordan Kidd on April 25th, 2018 10:25 am

J.Cole just dropped his album and Cardi is a LEGEND

11. Kiara on April 25th, 2018 10:28 am

I want to go to JMBYLA because I’m pretty sure Cardi B will be giving birth during her set.

12. alli sokoloski on April 25th, 2018 10:28 am

I looovvveee Cardi B and everyone playing has really good music, and i wanna see her give birth live : D

13. Liz Clavell on April 25th, 2018 10:31 am

I WANT TO SEE PREGGY B!!!!

14. Armando cabriales on April 25th, 2018 7:43 pm

I want to go see this show so I can take my older brother who loves j cole and so we can spend time together since he live hours away and goes to college

15. Armando cabriales on April 25th, 2018 7:44 pm

I want to go to the show so I can spend more time with my older brother since I don’t see him as much anymore due to him going to college

16. Mi’Karian Holmes on April 25th, 2018 11:34 pm

I would like to attend this because I want to see these cool artists!!! It’s going to be fun!

17. Malerie Cantu on April 27th, 2018 9:56 pm

I would love to see j.cole specially in concert his music isn’t only rap all his songs have meaning and purpose. I think he’s changing the game for music of today it would be a dream to see someone perform their music and use their music to spread a message to their audience.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Navigate Left

EchoSmith – Inside a Dream Tour Hits Houston

• JMBLYA Music Festival Comes to Houston May 6th

Entertainment

Win Tickets to an Upcoming Houston Concert

• JMBLYA Music Festival Comes to Houston May 6th

Entertainment

Lauv Releases Single “I Like Me Better”

• JMBLYA Music Festival Comes to Houston May 6th